12 September 2008

Waiting for Ike, we drove the cars to the 3 story garage next to the theater to park two of them there for protection from any falling trees. We thought we were the only ones to have that great idea. Wrong. We got the last two spots before you're on the roof. Coming back home we saw the most incredible sunset, thank you, Ike. Click on pic for larger picture.

I dropped dad, Katie and the little one on the Lake Woodlands bridge and ran home to grab my camera. What you're seeing is the very tail end of a spectacular color show.


I didn't think I had time to get back to the bridge and catch any color so I went to the duck pond and caught these pictures. Note to self: always travel with camera, no matter what.


I was trying for one last shot on the bridge where I left everyone but the wind was strong enough to keep me moving even with the camera braced against the back of the van. Yes, standing in the lane with a car coming right at us. Actually, very little traffic so we were okay. Dad and everyone had already moved off the bridge before I got there as they were being sandblasted from the wind picking up the dirt from the road.

1 comment:

Anna said...

How did you post alredy? Y'all don't have any power yet! ... did you get a generator going? I'm impressed.