08 September 2008

Labor Day Weekend


Lived here for 20 years and this was our first trip to Brazos Bend State Park. Walking on the trail through the swamps was fun, kept wondering if I'd see an alligator crossing sign, like a deer crossing sign. At first we saw all kinds of birds. Then Ben noticed the Golden Orb spiders. Lots of them. Everywhere. Catching things like dragonflies.

And families! Watch out, run!


I spotted the first alligator. It was a baby, maybe 2 feet long or so.

Then Dad spotted this big fellow, sitting there, with his mouth open, waiting for small children to hide in there like it was a cave, I suppose. By the way, I only had my normal lens on my camera. It was that close!

Notice where the girls are? Notice where the alligator is? Want to know how fast a gator can move?
Then we went geocaching. There was a rubber chicken travel bug. It's on its way to Utah...or maybe Montana.

Ben took this picture, it's a beautiful park.

Everyone had a good time...

...but it was time to call it a day.

3 comments:

M and W said...

Looks like you guys had fun. You know I've never been there either. I can't believe how much Sierra looks like Katie.

Anna said...

Wow that looks like you had fun! I need to take Jeff there because he doesn't believe Texas has gators. Silly boy. ... and I've been a victim too! Lots of times in my WFR class, it was a blast.

Tonia said...

I love these pics