03 March 2011

Zhu Hai, Bus Tour of the City - 1


This post was suppose to be Thursday night's pictures at the Summer Palace. Since they are still on the computer in China I'll post what I did bring home...which is the beginning of the city bus tour on Friday.


First stop was to the top of their highest mountain in the city. If you've lived in the Rocky Mountains then you might call these foothills. If the ride up was squimish to you, there were stairs you could climb to the top.


Looking over my shoulder to the East, this is part of the Pearl River Delta.


From the top, looking North East over part of the city.


Really nice shot of Craig.


But this is how far he really was from me when I took the picture.


Looking at Wild Fox Island. Day before I had walked all along the edge.


Can you see the Lady with the Pearl?


Padlock Rock. If you take a padlock and put it on the rock you and your loved one will be together forever, locked together. Then you throw the key away.


Weren't allowed to take any pictures coming down on the alpine slide so took a picture of one of the slides going back up from the bottom. It was fun. Due to the construction the ride was controlled as far as how fast you could come down. We had a driver in the front car then 3 or 4 cars followed him with 2 people in each one. He kept looking back to make sure we weren't sneaking a picture.

4 comments:

M and W said...

Gorgeous pictures mom!!! I love the one of dad and the padlocks. I love how the water bottle has now been to 2 countries? or 3?

Teresa said...

Let's see, USA and a whole bunch of states, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Hong Kong, China and counting...

Tonia said...

Looks like you sneaked a picture!

Teresa said...

Naw, it didn't count, I was standing on the ground and my car was headed up the mountain without me so using the camera was legitimate.