19 March 2011

Supermoon


Tonight is the night of the Supermoon. The next one is predicted to be 14 Nov 2016. See this article here. So I dug out my old 10 lb. tripod from college, dragged it down the block along with the 10 lb. Canon camera where I could see the moon. Forgot to put the card back into the camera, dragged it all back home. Got the card, headed back but thinking I should bring the Nikon camera with me, too. After taking some pictures with the Canon I did go back and get the Nikon which has a longer lens. There's a glow along the bottom edge of the moon.


These two were taken with the Nikon D50 using a 70-300 lens. Cropped some extra space off the edge. This one I lightened a tiny, tiny smidgen. A couple of my better moon shots. Here's another link to a supermoon article with some great photos. Thanks, Lucy!


Clouds were passing rather quickly across the moon which gave an eery but fun effect. Taken with the Canon 7d, 18-135 lens.


Enough light from the moon to almost get rainbow colors in the clouds.


Our street.


Our house.

4 comments:

M and W said...

Cool Pictures!

Tonia said...

Those are awesome pics! We got out the kid's telescope as well. They loved seeing some of the craters and valleys. We have decided a need a few better lenses though!

Anna said...

Def a nice lens.

Nice haiku.

Teresa said...

Thanks! Between the moon and the street light, the house turned out rather unique.