01 February 2012

Shenzhen, made it to the top


At the top of this end of the ridge is this pagoda so there were still stairs to climb. Through the tree limbs you can see the white railing with a green handrail on top of it. This is the top.


I was surprised at the number of children on top and along the trail. You KNOW they weren't carried up.


Dad's 37 story building is just over the right shoulder of the boy in plaid. The bay is behind the building.


Dad and I agreed when I got to the top I'd use my slick phone surface to flash him so he could see where I was. The only ray of sunlight was reached if I sat on top of the railing, on top of the pagoda, on top of the ridge, on top of the mountain. Right. Ok, it really wasn't that bad.


See his building, with the two long black stripes and the pointy top. Can you see the four black dots just above the stripes and below the pointy top? That's his floor, the 31st floor. And I'm way higher.


The boy in plaid took this picture of me sitting on the railing, flashing Craig with my phone.


So I took their picture. The one in plaid is 20 years old, majoring in mathematics, his cousin is 18 and majoring in engineering. They call each other brothers.


See the next peak? There's a very large white pavilion there and that's where I'm headed.


But first you have to go down this peak to get to the other one.


This lady had brought her hot water/tea to drink along the trail. When I asked to take her picture she hid the bottle and gave me her best smile. I showed her the picture and she gave me a thumbs up.


There was this nice spot to sit and rest, perhaps enjoy your lunch. Many people climb this peak each day for their exercise.


We had a bottlebrush bush in our front yard in Houston. This reminds me of it only it's a puffball compared to our bottle brush.


Half way to the other peak the "brothers" caught up with me and we conversed the rest of the way. They really just wanted to practice their English. The younger one was much better but I could understand them both just fine. Their English...not their Chinese.

No comments: