04 August 2011

My first venture out alone


Needed two cords for the office so decided I would walk the half mile over to the computer store. This canal runs along side our building. Water does not flow so algae grows like crazy in it.


These remind me of the hollyhocks that grew in Grandma Smith's yard.


The steps take you from the street level to the path along the canal.


There are two men fishing along the right hand side, among the grass.


Ladies, even some men, use umbrellas to have shade from the sun. They prize white skin.


She's waiting for her dog to finish exploring on the side. The steps take you back up to the street level. Pictures taken with my Chinese camera. Next time I'll take my Canon.

4 comments:

M and W said...

Looks like a pretty place even if the water doesn't flow. Can't wait to see pictures taken with your cannon!

Teresa said...

When I took the pictures off my phone something went wrong and now my phone is dead. Not even the spare battery works in it. Dad had to buy me a new phone. Ugh. Of course, I'll never catch up to Anna's record of 28 phones but this is three phones in 6 months. Weird, I'm used to going 8 years!

M and W said...

You could have gone longer but they couldn't legally turn your phone back on!

Tonia said...

Cute umbrella for your birthday? I might give the idea to Craig :)