27 June 2009

Philmont - Wednesday, family day


Clear Creek Canyon hike, first waterfall we came to.


We hiked there and back again with Kevin and Teri.


This is the next waterfall. This is the back side of Mount Phillips


No, wait, I do, too, know where we are.


This inch worm was about 1/2 inch.


Back at the trailhead is this itty bitty waterfall.


Yes, there was enough rain for a wonderful rainbow.


Want to know where the pot of gold is? It's in the double wide.


Yes, there is a huge herd of elk in this picture. You may have to click on the picture to enlarge it. This picture is unusual in that they are all looking at us. If Craig is with me we usually only see the hind end.

What I haven't told you is that by the end of the hike I was dehydrated. Drank water all the way to the top but we hiked down so fast that I didn't drink any more. Once we were in Taos I drank at least 80 oz. but was still feeling sick (and not from drinking all that water, either). By the time we made it back to Philmont about 9:30 pm I ended up at the Infirmary. They thought I had a migraine but I think I was bordering on one and then combine it with nausea...the last time this happened I was at Wood Badge only this was much worse.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I miss seeing elk all the time. Did you chase them?

M and W said...

I love waterfalls! You're so lucky! What a cool inch worm