28 October 2008

Grandma Scott's Birthday Card



My mom sends fun birthday cards and this one is really fun, it's the Chicken Dance! Twenty One years ago I was in Czechoslovakia for the first time. Actually, first time out of the country. Our tour group went to a pub out in the countryside where we were served a very potent drink made from the sap of pine trees with our dinner. After dinner the music and dancing started and lo and behold everyone was getting up and doing the Chicken Dance. I'm from a small midwest town and I sure don't remember the Chicken Dance but here all these people from Czechoslovakia and the States were up and doing the dance and having the time of their life. Did I tell you about that little potent drink they served with the dinner? One of those and you lost all abandon. Two and you were laying on the floor sleeping somewhere. Three and you had no idea what hit you and your friends carried you home and it took days to recover. Ask my cousin what not even one drink will do to you! :-)

1 comment:

Anna said...

Well if you're gunna do the new layout you should post a new blog!