13 March 2008

Nutmeg Cake


A certain 2 year old was helping me make Nutmeg cake. Recipe called for three eggs. The three sticks of butter and sugar were being creamed when we started adding the eggs one at a time. The first egg had a spot in it so I went to the sink to remove it. I turned around and the little one had egg white on her hands, saying "ewwww". When I asked where the egg was she smiled broadly saying it was in the mixer. Yep, I could hear the shell but I couldn't see any. When we poured the batter into the cake pan I saw it all on the bottom hoping none went with the batter into the pans.
The cake was for the Relief Society's Birthday Dinner. So on a post-it that said "Motherhood is not for wimps..." I added "Baked with the help of a two year old who added one egg. I got most of the shell out but the beaters did a great job."

No comments: