28 January 2008

Sat., 26 Jan 2008



Saturday, Paige celebrated a belated birthday due to her little brother's birth. She enjoyed having lots of her friends there to help her celebrate. Oh, and the presents were nice, too.


Later that day was the BSA George Strake dinner. Craig was recognized by one of Congressman Kevin Brady's staff member for receiving the Silver Beaver award, the highest award that a volunteer can receive on the council level. Craig was one of six from our district to receive it.


I received the Scout Leader of the Year award for my work as Advancement Chairman. Who would have guessed? I thought this award was only for those that had "contact" positions with the scouts like scoutmasters. So I was VERY surprised - and honored - to have received this award. Craig received this award in 2000 so I put mine on the shelf right next to his and it looks nice there.

And thanks, Victor, for cleverly "playing" with my camera. I shoulda known.

No comments: